Sunday, April 3, 2011

Walks in the city

Friday we had a fun chill day, we spent the first half at the Israel Museum.
We had a list of artifacts that we had to see for class. It was fun to see artifacts that we were actually learning about. One of my favorites was a heel bone with a nail still inside, showing how the crucifixion process worked. We saw tons of cool stuff, such as the Dead Sea Scrolls, Fertility Goddesses, a steel sword from the time of Lehi, and tons of other things. They also had a huge model of the temple during the 1st century.
After we checked off the list, we explored a little in the modern art section. Interesting stuff thats for sure. There was a room full of butterflies, videos of people stuck on an escalator, and a room with wooden floors that creaked with every step.
I loved every minuet of it.



After we headed out on a little walk into West Jerusalem to try and find a street where a bunch of us were meeting for dinner. We called security to get directions and they told us we were crazy and to take a taxi, but we didn't want to spend any money so we ventured out to find it. After several stops to ask for direction and only one wrong turn, we found it about an hour later. It was fun to just wander around the streets, it was nice to be away from all the tourists and it felt like we just fit there.



When we got to the street, we decided on Burger Bar. It was my first taste of American type food since I've been here and let me tell you, it was heavenly. Jess and I split a burger with lettuce, onions, ketchup, pesto, and tomato (I picked off the tomato). It was divine to say the least. We just sat outside and enjoyed each others company. After dinner we went and got ice cream and then all headed home after a successful day of just plain fun.


I love the people here. The thing that makes me so sad about leaving here, is leaving these people. I have loved every second living with all of them. I just feel so comfortable with everyone here, we are all just in love with each other. My friendships here have been some of the biggest blessings in my life.

Jerusalem Winter 2011
No Regrets

No comments: