Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Quick Update


Its that time again.
Finals.
These next two weeks are going to be packed.

My agenda for tonight:
Read 40 pages from an intensely thick book...
and then writing 400 words about it.
Writing a paper for Old Testament.
Double reading for Old Testament.
&& Study for my Arabic final tomorrow.

There has been so much going on and I would love nothing more than to just implant my brain into a blog post for you all to read. But that is not yet humanly possible. So I'll just have to give you some quick baby sentences.

We had a Seder dinner. Complete with grape juice, reading from the torah, singing, yummy food, and Israeli folk dancing to top it all off.


I spent a good 6 or 7 hours at the Princess Bosna Center working on the mural. We had a blast taking pictures, getting out hands dirty, eating fresh fruit, joking around, and creating a masterpiece.


We went from this...
To this...
To this!

Sabbath was another great day with the sunbeams. Our lesson was "I am thankful for water" so we acted out the story of Moses in the wilderness and watered some of the plants around the center. Beofre you ask... what does watering plants have to do with anything? I'll tell you.. I related it back to... "Just like you are helping the plants to grow by giving them water, Heavenly Father gave us water to help us to grow". Catchy huh? I thought so.
One with Jacob relatively happy
And one with Emily happy... Its so hard to get a class picture these days.

Monday we visited Yad Vashem (Israel's Holocaust Museum). It was an incredibly moving experience. We were lucky enough to go with our Jewish teacher, Professor Yardin. I have a ton of notes that I wrote down that I would be happy to share with you all... as soon as finals are over.


I almost forgot.
I probably shouldn't tell you that, because from what I am hearing, forgetting about Jimmer is going against the honor code now a days. But now that I've remembered, I have to let you know that even half a world away, we still have avid fans. We were able to pull of the BYU vs. SDSU game in one of the classes. We all cheered together and sang the fight song with the help of our one man band Skyler and her trumpet. Marry me Jimmer?
Rise and Shout

Other than that, I've just been trying to get a grip on all this homework and still get sleep at night. Hope all is well in America.

No comments: