Saturday, November 26, 2011

The Last Days... of Fall that is

It always amazes me how quickly the seasons seem to pass. Christmas is less than a month away? Time seems to literally be slipping from my hands. But I'm glad to know that that time is being spent with some of the best people I've ever known. & here is what we have been up to.



Introducing Carlitos. My new best friend. My roommate Jessica is involved with a program called Latino Outreach, which sets up young adults with Latino children whose parents don't speak english so that the children have someone to help them with their homework. This past Tuesday I was off of work early so I decided to go with Jess. I had so much fun learning letters with Cariltos. Plus we now have a handshake. 
That is us on the chalk board. Melt my heart. 
IMG_0607 


Aimee is in charge of our Family Home Evening group. We get together every monday night for good times with great friends.  Lately we have been very crafty with our finger paintings and home made pilgrim/indian toppers. 
IMG_0588 IMG_0586 IMG_0594

Highlight of the year. TWILIGHT BREAKING DAWN. I don't care how nerdy/lame you THINK Twilight is. The movie was so good. I've seen it twice already, and I replay it in my head for most of the day.

IMG_0634 IMG_0637 

So maybe Aimee and I like to 'dress up' like (guess who) to go get ice cream when all of our roommates have already left for thanksgiving. 

IMG_0669

& then we walk out our front door and find this: Real Snow. 

IMG_0668 IMG_0672 

Which turns into this the next morning. 
I like the snow, but I'd be just fine with it staying just on the mountain for now. 

IMG_0678 IMG_0707 IMG_0708

Also, we went to the LAST football game of the year. 
Topped it all off by eating an entire cougar tail. each. 
*cougar tail: a 2 foot maple bar, that if eaten in one sitting will make you want to cry. 

IMG_0680 

Then on Monday, Katie and I decided that crepes were in order. 
50% off Turkey Pesto Crepes. Molto Bene. 

 IMG_0687


& Thanksgiving break finally came!
More Instagram pictures coming soon to a monitor nearest you.





No comments: