Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Isn't it Funny


Isn't it funny how our life travels in circles sometimes.
A year ago I was home for the summer, working at the office, and just waiting to go back to school. A year later, here I am. I'm making beach trips, attending the family ward, still working at the office, still waiting to go back.
The other day I was driving home from Huntington Beach to make it back to one of my favorite Carne Asada BBQs. I was coming down the 55 just as the work traffic was starting to clear up, the sun positioned just right in the rear view mirror. It reminded me of last year when I was driving home from the same beach to the same BBQ get together. I grabbed my iPod and turned to the song "Fix You" because thats what I had been listening to in that same car ride a year ago.
Its moments like those where you can really compare your life, from where you were to where you are. Repetition is key. And even though I was in the same situation a year ago, I feel like I'm a completely different person. Its not that I've necessarily changed from the person I was, but that I'm continually changing into the person I'm meant to be. I miss my friends, the ones that were there with me last summer, the ones who laughed with me as wiped my eyes listening to Coldplay, the ones who ate pizza with me on the beach, the ones who knew me better than I knew myself. But on the other hand, I can't wait to see them all again and show them who I've become, and see what they have become. I guess this is growing up.

"Life isn't about finding yourself, its about creating yourself"-George Bernard Shaw

No comments: