Saturday, May 28, 2011

Untitled Thoughts

Found this print via Pinterest tonight and I must say that I absolutely love it. I have a file on my desktop full of images, quotes, colors, ect of things that I happen upon and fall in love with. I was looking through and there is such a wide variety of subjects and mediums... the list includes, but is not limited to: colorful socks, paintings, cakes, books, quotes, song lyrics, and smiles. I wish I could name the file with the words from this print.

I have been thinking a lot about art, what is considered art, and why it is considered art. Sometimes I'll be walking through a modern art exhibit and see a sculpture of a soup can and wonder why it is there, and then I'll be at home and see the shadows painted on my walls as the sun sets through my windows and think "now that is art". My opinion is that art is whatever makes you feel something more. Art is life. How perfect is that?

No comments: