Monday, March 19, 2012

Feeling Fancy

A couple of months ago, my dear friend Zoe asked me if I'd like to be in a Gossip Girl style brunch for a commercial BYU was shooting. She knew I'd be sold as soon as she said Gossip Girl. I got all dolled up on a saturday morning and spent the day being in the background of this 30 second commercial. It's truly amazing how much work goes into a 30 second video. We got there before sun rise in order to get hair and makeup done. I sat in the dining room for about an hour so the camera crew could test the lighting. We were there for about 5 hours shooting, and that was just camera work. I have no idea how much time was spent just preparing for the shoot, coming up with the ideas, booking the room, finding the actors, and not to mention all the time they spent in post processing.
We made new friends, drank sparkling cider, and spent a lot of time fake laughing.


 

Were you looking for me in the background? 
Oh wait, you couldn't see me?
You don't believe I was actually there?...

Well... aha! 
I took the time to screen shot the few times I make my commercial appearance.
(Complete with red arrows so you can tell my dark shadow apart from the other dark shadows)
Picture 3 Picture 4 Picture 5 Picture 6

Okay, well you still don't believe me...
but some day IMDB would like to know where my acting career began, so I thought I'd save them the trouble and post it all here for them to google later. I mean there was that one time you could see me clapping in the audience of "So You Think You Can Dance"... but I think this is my real debut.
Thanks for indulging me in my fantasy.




2 comments:

anna said...

I can't help but feel that I inspired this post. I love the arrows.

Da Bergs said...

You are SO stinkin' cute, I just love you!!