Is it too trendy to do a New Year's Post? Yes?
Well is it still trendy if I do it 9 days late?
Oh that's just me.
This New Years was an adventurous one. So adventurous that I only took two photos. Well, technically I took one and then Aimee took a couple. But that is besides the point. Aimee, Farryn, Porsche, and I met up with Lani to go to this New Years Eve party at Dave and Busters. It was fun to bring in the New Year with some of my favorite people.
Mine & Lani's Trendy Shoe Picture. Twinsies!
The highlight of my New Years Eve was crossing "Ride a Mechanical Bull" off of my mental bucket list. Seriously though, I had always wanted to try it, and let me tell you, its a lot scarier than I make it look. The whole time I was afraid that the bull's horns were going to impale me. & in case you were wondering... yes, holding one hand in the air does make it easier to stay on. I thought it was just for looks.
& with every new years come a new list of things that I want to accomplish, or goals that I want to set for myself.
1. The first (and the only one I've really worked on) is that I want to write in my journal EVERY DAY. It seemed a little ambitious to me, considering since I never ever ever write in my journal.I knew that if I didn't commit to it every day, then I would never follow through.
2. Be more charitable. My good friend Rousseau posted this on twitter. Thanks for the inspiration Rousseau.
3. Start my Mission papers. I can't believe I'll be turing 21 this year. I'm excited to be preparing for an amazing adventure which feels right around the corner and so far away all at the same time.
4. Do my splits again. Seriously.
5. Pause in my pursuit of happiness, to just be happy.
Inspired by Guillaume Apollinaire.
So here is to you 2012. I think we are going to get along just fine.
"It appears that it would be impossible for me to live unless I gratified the feeling of improvement that is within me... Improvement is the result of labor."- Heber C. Kimball