Monday, October 24, 2011

Don't You Dare Leaf Me

Cleaver title right? I am referring to the fall leaves that is. Punny right? Okay, so maybe me having to explain my jokes doesn't make them all that funny, but it's a step in the right direction?

As you all very well know, I love the fall. I love the colors, the crisp air, the smell of pumpkin bread (even when I make it up in my head), and I love fall music. I've been finding myself wanting to glue the leaves back on the trees, just so they stay a little while longer.
IMG_0431

Other events that have been happening in my oh so exciting life: My Dad came in to town this past weekend... which doesn't feel like visiting much because my parents have come up several times this semester already (and they say they have no 'favorite child'). We went on a daddy daughter date to see an Italian Opera at BYU. It was a great show, I love that we have so many culture events here on campus.

Speaking of cultural events... after dinner with my dad on Friday, I headed over to Velour to see some local artists. Ashley and Zoe both had friends playing 2 of the bands, so I tagged along for the night. Velour is one of my favorite spots in Provo, really chill venue, with great music. I would go every weekend of it was free.

IMG_0442 IMG_0445 IMG_0453

Highlight of my night: I got a signed CD (please notice that crooked heart, it's the most important part) from Nik Day. He had every girl weak at the knees.




Then things took a turn for the worst. I had a terrible sore throat for 2 days straight, talk about a tragedy... 2 whole days I tell you! So what else was I to do but figure out the terrible disease I must have contracted by googling my symptoms. Strep throat. So my dad took me to the BYU health clinic saturday morning to get antibiotics, when the doctor informed me that the only thing I was suffering from was over-dramatization. Throat spray and advil cured it.

IMG_0451

Now its back to school for another week. Hello monday. The day where my "to-do" list seems to grow ever longer.

IMG_0458 IMG_0426
Until next time.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Will you marry him so I can say I know someone famous?