Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas with Instagram

Thanks to my fancy iPhone, I think I've successfully captured the highlights of my Christmas break.

Santa and Christmas lights at the Mission Inn in Riverside CA.
Downtown Riverside is one of my favorite spots, I did a lot of exploring in that neck of the woods while I worked this summer. The Mission Inn is one of the coziest spots in town, and its even better covered in Christmas lights. 
IMG_1129IMG_1130


Lots of baking going on at our house.
Mostly anythings with lemon.

IMG_1140IMG_1185

Running. I got the new Nike Free Run 2 shoes for christmas and I must say that I have never loved running so much. I love that in CA I can run at 12 in the afternoon with no problems... and by problems I mean weather problems... not animal problems. You see, I don't know what it is, but just about every time I go running at home I attract small {but vicious} dogs. I know people say you are supposed to just keep walking and not look threatening and they will leave you alone... but somehow I can't help but just start running as fast as I can as their owners stand there, leash-less, laughing at me. 

IMG_1214

Just so you know, my brother decided he wanted to join band this year! He is supposed to practice for half an hour every day of break... & the lazy little booger decided that its okay to save up all that time and just practice for 4 hours at the end of the week. Yayy....
IMG_1167

Also, someone please tell me when I got too old to sit at the 'little kid' table.

IMG_1209

I don't have a lot of shots from Christmas day because I pretty much left my phone in my room all day {I tend to do that a lot} but I managed to get a shot of Paige with her remote control shark. We had the missionaries over for dinner this year, and while one of the Elders was skyping with his family, the other couldn't give up this little guy.

IMG_1192




My mom, sister, and I took a trip to Pasadena to visit the Huntington, which has quickly become one of my favorite spots on earth. Anyone have any ideas on how I can potentially live there one day?

IMG_1233IMG_1234IMG_1236IMG_1237

& finally we got back in the car and headed up to the beach house.
Woke up this morning to salty air and a win by my Cougars. Its been a great day searching for driftwood on the sand and searching out authentic {& by that I mean dirty} taco places.

IMG_1242IMG_1256IMG_1322

But hey... It's not over yet.

1 comment:

Elder Bretón said...

that shark is AWESOME! I wish it was Brigham's birthday soon so I could get it for him. Maybe for Valentine's Day haha