Monday, August 29, 2011

20 Years Young


Today I turn 20 years young.
I've been really excited to turn 20 for the last little while.
But for the past couple weeks, people have been freaking me out.
I heard one girl say that she cried because she turned 20.
I guess 20 is pretty old. I'm saying goodbye to my "teenage" years.
When you are 18 or 19 you can still get away with being a teen, but you are still considered an adult, so really its this way awkward in between age where are you are too young for some things and too old for others. So today I'm rid of that. I've hit the two decade mark.

When you hit one of these landmark times in life, its only natural to think back and see how far you have come. I've been on this earth for 20 years.
I learned to walk and talk.
I've performed in countless dance recitals.
I've been on 2 swim teams.
I've been a member of the Vista Heights Middle School Drill team
(& I have a sparkly fire costume to prove it)
I've survived High School.
I've been a big sister.
I've been a cheerleader, and a cheer coach.
I've learned to love reading.
I've sent my best friends on missions.
I've had 4 different jobs.
I've passed my driving test.
I've lived in 7 different houses/apartments.
I've finished 2 years of college.
I've lived in the Holy Land.
I've touched the great pyramids and hiked through Petra.
I haven't broken any bones.
& despite what everyone always told me... I haven't gotten married ;)

I think I've fit all I could in to those last two decades of my life.
I can safely say that I am excited to be twenty.
I had a great teenage life, and I'm ready to start my 20's.
I'm looking forward to the next 10 years, for the next round of adventures and new learning opportunities. I'm excited for my life.

Happy Birthday To Me.


1 comment:

Leilani Livingston said...

loving you KM. you're the light of my life and i hope all your wishes come true today!