Monday, August 1, 2011

A Room



You know that movie "The Notebook"?
Ever heard of it?
Well its really popular.
Basically its the closest thing to love a single girl can comprehend.
Its the love story of all love stories.
& It has the final word in all things love.

Well, everyone has their favorite part of the movie.
& mine is a lot less noticeable than the intense make out in the rain scene, or the adorable dancing in the street scene, or you know the falling in love montage. See why no girl can resist this movie?

My favorite part of the movie is when Noah is talking about building his future home and the conversations continues as such...

Allie: Well, what about me? Now don’t I get any say in this?
Noah: You want a say in this?
Allie: Yes, I would.
Noah: What do you want?
Allie: I want a white house with blue shutters and a room overlooking the river so I can paint. I want a big old porch that wraps around the entire house. We can drink tea and watch the sun go down.
Noah: Okay.
Allie: You promise?
Noah: I promise.

Years later, when she finally comes back to him, she wakes up and follows the arrows to find her room overlooking the river where she can paint.

It may not be as iconic as the other scenes of the movie. In fact, I couldn't even find a screen shot of the scene. But to me, that was the sweetest part. If that were me, I would sit there all day and paint with watercolor. I have no idea how to paint with watercolor, but if I were to pick any method of painting to be instantly great at, it would be watercolor.

So future husband, wherever you are out in the world, I would like to put in an order form.



2 comments:

Jessica said...

So cute, and I think you'd rock at watercoloring. I mean, why not.

Dev & Di said...

I agree with everything about this post... And I love watercolor on canvas