Friday, December 24, 2010

Rain makes things pretty

So I know you've heard from me a lot lately... but I've been thinking.
And when I think I blog. Big deal.

I came home to CA for Christmas and today is the first day that it hasn't rained since I've been back. Everyone felt sorry for me because I came home to all this rain, but honestly, I love it.

Everyone can relate to rain in some way.

Wet. Clean. Scared. Rebirth. Rainbow. Sound. Calming. Movie day. Hair messer-upper. Scary drivers. Rain boots and Umbrellas. Smeared makeup.

As I went out exploring today I realized how beautiful the rain makes this earth. I live in a big brown valley. But today the hills were a bright green, the clouds had a light pink shade, there were small creeks through the valleys, the rocks started to grow moss. The whole place seemed alive.

And as cheesy as it sounds (because believe me, I know this is cheesy) but I really realized what they mean when they say you have to endure the storms of life to be able to enjoy the beauty.



"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky."


No comments: