Sunday, April 29, 2012

Summer Reading

I've been trying to compile my summer book list. 
I already have quite a few books that I've started and haven't finished.
The dilemma is that I started getting all of the plots and story lines mixed up, which really makes for one giant exciting story I guess. So while I'm finishing those off, I'd like to know what some of your favorite reads are... any that I absolutely MUST read? 

My Current List

To The Lighthouse - Virginia Woolf 
Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte 
Pilgrim at Tinker Creek - Annie Dillard 
The Catcher in the Rye - J. D. Salinger 
Safe Haven - Nicholas Sparks 
Jesus the Christ - James E. Talmage
Animal Farm - George Orwell
Persuasion - Jane Austen
The Secret Garden -  Frances Hodgson Burnett
Anna Karenina - Leo Tolstoy 
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn - Betty Smith
Bleak House - Charles Dickens
Their Eyes Were Watching God - Zora Neale Hurston
Night - Elie Wiesel
Catch 22 - Joseph Heller
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - Ken Kesey

There are so many classic novels that I somehow missed in High School English, and there are a lot on here that I'd really like to read again... Okay so MOST of them are ones that I want to read again. What are your favorite books, authors, or genres? Send them along so I can enjoy too! 



No comments: