Sunday, February 5, 2012

my loves

IMG_1603

Please excuse me while I talk about how much I love the people in my life...

I love that they listen to my abstract theories about the creation of the world... even at 2 in the morning.
I love that they give me rides to my car because I'm from CA and anything under 60 degrees is too cold.
I love that they suffer through my complaining about the boys that don't love me.
I love that they model for me when I see perfect lighting.
I love that they let me play my 'hipster' music while they try to sleep.
I love that they trance dance with me.
I love that they let me do that weird rhino nose thing I do.
I love that they let me sing really loudly in the car and basically butcher their favorite songs.
I love that they laugh at my clean laundry pile instead of yelling about it.
I love that they massage my wrists when I complain about how they hurt.
I love that they point out the things they love about me when I'm feeling down on myself.
I love that no matter what stupid/weird/annoying thing I do, they still love me.

I have this theory (again with the theories kaitlin?) that real love comes from doing the smallest of things. 
The times where we have the best excuses not to do something, and we do it anyways, are the times that real devotion comes through. I could say 'goodness Heavenly Father, its so late and I have to get up early tomorrow, you'll understand if I don't read my scriptures tonight right?'... but where does that get me? It gets me 15 more minuets of sleep and 15 less minuets of teachability. So I am grateful for friends who do the littlest of things for me, even when they don't have to. Its those 15 minuets that mean the world. I'm grateful to be surrounded by people that sincerely care about me and truly want me to be happy. 


2 comments:

Katie said...

"I have this theory (again with the theories kaitlin?) that real love comes from doing the smallest of things." I had that EXACT same thought last week. Good insight :-)

Zoe Bleak said...

I teared up a little bit. Not gonna lie. Love you baby girl :)