Sunday, August 29, 2010

Moved in

So I'm all moved in to our new apartment! I'm living at Liberty Square which is just south of campus.

We left thursday afternoon after a long morning that consisted of: me sleeping in because I went to bed at 4 a.m., My mom taking all the kids to school, packing up the car, double checking to make sure I had everything, dropping by Dallin's house to say goodbyes :(, realized the car tire is low, trying to fill it up at the gas station, realizing the air pump didn't work, making a pit stop at the tire store, waiting for 2 WHOLE HOURS, before they even looked at the car, having them find a whole and thankfully fixing it (so glad we checked instead of finding out about it in the 112 degree arizona desert), and FINALLY getting on our way.

My mom and I got in late thursday night and my adorable roommate ashley had already started decorating(: I'll post pictures soon! I traveled back to mine and Zoe's room to find that it was even smaller then our dorm room, didn't know that was possible. It was like a jigsaw puzzle trying to figure out how we were going to work it all out until we had a brilliant idea. bunk beds. Now we have more space but have to worry about Zoe keeping her head from being chopped off by the ceiling fan.

Never in my life did I think I would be so miserable shopping. Ugh. My mom and I were walking around Target at a pace of .0001 mph. but we found everything we needed. I also got a Costco card! So exciting! I felt so legit flashing my card as I walked by the lady in the red vest to go grocery shopping. I bought lots of yummy healthy foods to make delicious dinners for my roommates.

So after playing tetris with the fridge and trying to find a place for all my stuff, I'm finally all settled. I'm so glad my mom was able to come up with me because I don't think I could have done it alone. So much work.

Now I just have to figure out all my school stuff. Class schedule, work schedule, and church schedule. Its a lot to fit in but I am SO excited to start this new year.

I have amazing roommates, perfect neighbors, and valiant missionaries to write(:

Life is good.




pictures will be coming soon

No comments: